PSA - Parent Staff Association
What is the PSA?
"Robert Bloomfield Academy Parent Staff Association (PSA)"
The PSA is about much more than simply fundraising. The committee exists to provide closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. It is fun too! All parents and members of the school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available.
- The committee meets on a regular basis, usually once or twice a term and consists of three officers: Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. We also have a number of regular committee members to make up a full committee.
- If you would like to contact the PSA, please email us at RBA-PSA@bestacademies.org.uk – we would love to hear from you!
- Follow us on Facebook too – you can find our page here – and keep up-to-date with future events planned and how the funds raised have been spent and are benefiting the Academy’s children.
How can you can help?
- Shop online via easyfundraising: access your favourite online shops via www.easyfundraising.org.uk and you'll donate to RBA at no extra cost to you! Sign up at https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/robertbloomfieldacademyshefford/
- Volunteer your time: become a PSA Committee member! Without parents kindly volunteering their time, there would be no PSA.
- Volunteer as an ad-hoc helper: lend a hand at a disco or serve refreshments, source some raffle prizes or help raise awareness on social media by sharing one of our posts. Lots of little bits of help can really and truly make a huge difference!
After our very popular and successful Valentine's Disco in mid-February which raised £1,500, the PSA held its very first Easter Fayre on Saturday, 26th March 2022. We were lucky enough to receive sponsorship from Country Properties Shefford, Tesco Shefford, Tesco Baldock and Morrison's Shefford and we are extremely grateful for their continued support of our events. The Easter Fayre was very well attended and we are delighted to share that we raised just over £3,500! Hot on the heels of the Easter Fayre came a BBQ and refreshments stand at the PE Department's House Sports event which raised well over £1,500 which is an incredible amount. Thank you to all the helpers and those who organised these events.
The next events involving the PSA will be the Year 8 Leavers' Evening and the Summer Productions, where the PSA will be serving refreshments. More details to follow soon.