SATs week - Save The Date!
SATs are taking place during the week of 8th May 2023
(N.B. Monday 8th is a bank holiday, with tests taking place from Tuesday to Friday)
SATs are a part of the Y6 Programme of Study. They do not define our students, but are a national benchmark to consider progress from Y2 and used to set targets for Y11.
Our approach is to deliver Quality First Teaching in all lessons by our outstanding teachers, supported by our brilliant teaching assistants.
In the run up to May, we consider:
- Practice SATs week
- Interventions bespoke to the needs of each student
- Revising of homework timetable
- SATs books provided by the school
- Whole school approach to reinforcing basic numeracy and literacy concepts
- Tutor support and pastoral mentoring as needed
All papers marked as follows
Maths out of 110
Reading out of 50
SPaG out of 70
This is the raw score which is then converted to a scaled score
100 is “Achieved”, 110 "Higher Attainers" (although this is reported as "Achieved") and the highest is 120